ENAMEL GREEN GLASS BOX WITH WHITE DECORATION
Mary Gregory (1856–1908) was an American artist known for her decoration of glass products at the Boston and Sandwich Glass Company in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Gregory worked for Boston and Sandwich from 1880 to 1884. Gregory painted lamps and plaques of landscape scenes during her years at B&SGC.
Gregory, her sister, and possibly others she had trained, used a white enamel paint with ground glass as a paint mixture. To bind the paint to the glass, they fired it after application. It was fused with the piece in this manner so the painting became part of the glass. Similar artwork was made by literally dozens of glass houses, and some, such as Fenton, continue to this day
Size: 10 x 16 x 15 cm